On our way from Ankara we stop at Salt Lake which remind me on a lesser scale of Salt desert in Bolivia. The colors and the reflection of the water and the pleasant sensation of walking bare foot on the bottom of the lake that felt like soft powder.


After few hours driving the scenario of Cappadocia is defined: those picks and canyons at sunset are magnificent and all around is peaceful. It smells the dust of the rocks and the magic of the people that sought refuge in it. They are also dwellings which continue to makes the place unique.
We get in Goreme that retains the charm of a touristic village, it is the place where to stay to enjoy the view. Our hotel hosts are welcoming and our room have superb view of the hot air balloon and it was as magical as actually doing it the next day. We spend the days walking through valley of love, the underground city, the open air museum with all its painted chapel in the rocks and we spend the afternoon strolling in Avanos, a mix of Turkish and Greek village where people stroll and enjoy the perfect temperature. That crossing between Greeks and Turkish village was very common all across our trip. Cappadocia will be from above or underground one of the most incredible place I have ever been. There is roughness and sweetness in those rocks and breakfast overlooking them all was a really good way to start the day!

My best memory is the old man in the valley who wanted to give me "Chai chai" ma I wanted just fresh water, I manage of all language to ask him in German (probably part of the 12 words I master) and here I go having served water from the source. I had a smile and a hug too!
I also bought a little bracelet by the little home-merchant next to the hotel. The mom and the young daughters were in charge of the business. I ask if the could make the bracelet smaller and with delicate gesture the mom was removing the beads. It was still too big but I am keeping it that way, it seems such a tedious job for such a little amount of gain. It reminds me that kindness is not measure in terms of gain but in gestures.


No comments:
Post a Comment